This organisation services works in partnership with clinical specialists and commissioning teams to provide a smooth transfer of care for patients from hospital to home. Our services are being continuously developed and improved to keep pace with the rapidly changing and developing UK health economy. We are committed to delivering high quality, patient-centred care which provides cost efficiencies and demonstrable outcomes benefits to our customers.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide 1st line technical support; answering support queries via telephone, email and in person
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Escalate any user problems that cannot be resolved to senior support staff or external support providers as appropriate
- Record problem and solution information for all support issues in the online IT Service Desk tool
- Update the IT asset register with hardware moves, ads and changes
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Assist with any scheduled IT maintenance
- Follow safe and efficient systems of work in accordance with relevant legislation, e.g. Health and Safety at Work act
- Commit to participate in any extended hours or Bank Holidays rotas
- Attend such study days in line with the programme provider across the 15 months apprenticeship and other relevant courses as deemed necessary for the development of the company and yourself
- Undertake any other related duties as required by senior IT staff and the IT Manager
- Experience of using Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 2016 / Office 365
- Previous desktop support experience
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Good communication skills
- Work in an organised and tidy manner
- Adaptable and willingness to learn new skills
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of PC components (RAM, Video Cards etc.)
- Basic understanding of computer networking
- Understanding of telephone system features (e.g. ring groups, voicemail, auto-attendants)
- Experience of using/building Microsoft Access databases.
- Ability to work with people
- Ability to work under pressure
- Manage time and activity well
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Has a drive to always put patients first.
- A hunger to learn more to become the expert in your domain
- Confident enough to always ask with any process or task, can it be better?
- Wants to contribute and be a part of our company community
- Dedicated to continually progressing in your career
- Wants to continue to learn and complete training in your chosen field
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and energetic approach
- A-Level’s or equivalent in IT
- 5 GCSE A- C or 5-9 Including Maths and English – these are essential
- Driving Licence is essential [to travel for the role]
- We are growing as an organisation and have multiple companies within QPHL
- Bonus – Company bonus scheme profit related and paid quarterly as a % of quarterly salary (post probation, non-contractual). With regards to the bonus scheme, over the past 4 quarters this has averaged out at 9.00%
- Pension – Pension Auto Enrolment for our company was 1st July 2014. You will be auto enrolled after 3 months of employment at 5%. You can opt to contribute 6% to which the employer will contribute 8%.
- Life Insurance – 8 x salary max £200,000
- Other – 6 month probation, 1 month notice period (1 week during probation)
You’ll become a permanent member of the team as a 1st Line Support IT Engineer – you’ll also gain further progression training and development to develop within the team.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.