Protek is a schools trusted partner for IT services and support
With over 30 years’ experience in Technology and Education we are passionate about empowering schools to get the best from technology.
“Improving outcomes through the effective use of technology”. This ethos is at the heart of Protek and all of our staff. We focus exclusively on education customers and our expertise, experience and culture combine to create the driving force to achieve this one simple goal.
Our refreshing and innovative approach is delivering ‘Best Value’, saving schools money and increasing the effectiveness and impact of Technology in the classroom. The breadth and depth of our knowledge and experience develops trust and confidence that Protek can help your school enhance performance and outcomes whilst empowering your staff and students to learn in a safe, secure and reliable environment.
Protek are recruiting for a proactive IT support apprentice, with the aptitude for Information Technology and customer service, who will be able to provide a friendly, professional and efficient service to each and every customer in line with policies and procedures, ensuring that the customer’s needs are being addressed and delivered meeting agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
The main role will be to deliver first class technical support using a suite of modern Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools available with a goal to resolve at First Point of Contact (FPC), striving to improve the team’s knowledge and service levels.
You’ll work as part of the support team, providing telephone and remote support to our varied education customer base. As well as provide the highest quality of service to our clients.
You will be expected to maintain a high level of customer care whilst supporting our customers for their hardware, software, network and telephone equipment.
As an innovative, fast growing company, we are seeking an individual to work within our close team and grow with us as a company.
Main responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide a professional and customer-focused service through the life cycle of each ticket; manage customer expectations by keeping customer informed of progress.
- Recording all IT Incidents, Requests and Problems, ensuring all relevant details are captured in line with Service Desk standards.
- Classify calls accurately with the information provided and prioritise in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Monitor alerting systems and respond to alerts in a timely manor
- Investigate and diagnose Incidents by providing first line telephone support, gathering and analysing information to identify and resolve a range of technical Incidents such as hardware, software, application and network Incidents with the objective of restoring normal service as quickly as possible.
- Resolution and fulfilment of Incident and Service Request within the Service Levels agreed.
- Monitoring and tracking Incidents, Requests or Problems, escalating where necessary to other resolver groups, or line Manager.
- Administration of various in-house software including account creations etc.
- Work within the IT Operating Model, following defined IT processes and procedures
- Ensure a high level of customer service is delivered
- Drive and develop continuous improvement to team services, procedures and processes
- Operate efficiently in a team environment
- Routine maintenance of systems
- Provide onsite support as needed
- Working on deployment projects when needed
- Maintaining a personal development program as agreed with the line manager
It would be helpful for applicants to be familiar with the technologies below:
Windows desktop and server OS, Windows applications, Microsoft 365, Microsoft 365 admin
G-Suite applications, G-Suite administration
Apple iOS, Apple products and services
- Cloud Based Services
- Networking, Infrastructure and Virtualisation
- Well-organised, able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Proactive, conscientious and self-motivated
- Good communication skills with an excellent level of written and verbal English
- Adaptable and innovative in approach: looking for opportunities to improve processes and systems
- Drive and desire to learn and develop own career
- Good problem-solving skills and work well as part of a team
- Can work to apprenticeship learning timeline, i.e. coursework submissions
Required qualifications and experience:
- 5 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C or above including Maths, English and preferably IT
- Enhanced DBS clearance and identity checks
- Hold a UK driving licence
40 hours per week [all details will be confirmed upon interview] term time only (39 weeks per year).
Benefits & Other Information:
- Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive accredited training through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with Protek.
- The qualifications that you gain are highly respected and globally recognised giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
- Dedicated mentor and support.
- Personal development plan within the company. Extensive training/ personal development opportunities
- Eligibility for the Company bonus scheme (potential of additional bonuses based on personal and company performance)
- Pension scheme (if qualifying)
- Employee Benefit Scheme – perks & discounts from major brands
- Volunteering initiatives and Charity fundraising opportunities through our Community Interest Company membership
- Regular social / company events
- Picturesque Office location
21 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
The successful candidate will be required to complete a 3-month probationary period details of which shall be included in their contract of employment.
There will be opportunities for the right candidate to progress with additional training through ongoing personal development tracks or move into a full-time role within the company.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.