Mantra Learning has been offering learning and skills programmes to support the logistics, automotive and business sectors for over 50 years. The philosophy at Mantra is to provide people from all walks of life with practical skills and knowledge, enabling them to impact on business.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Answer all calls in a prompt, polite and professional manner
- Respond to customer queries via telephone, email, or face-to-face, resolving simple issues during the call, or escalating to other team members as appropriate.
- Identify and isolate technical issues and initiate action as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate the effective resolution of problems to ensure service delivery, and solutions are implemented to prevent re-occurrence
- Accurately and effectively troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Carry out software updates
- Write or maintain help guides where helpful and appropriate
- Write informative and succinct email correspondence
- Ability to document and deploy technical processes and procedures
- Basic hardware fault finding of faulty IT equipment
- Carry out PC builds and rebuilds
- Installation of operating systems, software, Office Software, Antivirus, Test/Exam software
- In-house repairs of PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones
- Setting up all mobile devices
- Must have an interest in and basic knowledge of IT support, hardware builds, software installations, and web hosted and social networking technologies;
- Be able to demonstrate a solid technical understanding, gained whilst in education, employment, voluntary or self-taught;
- Be able to use their own initiative;
- Have a willingness and eagerness to learn new skills, and be happy to self-teach under guidance of team members;
- Have the confidence to be independent with customer support issues after a reasonable level of training;
- Be able to take responsibility for some functions in the absence of team members when requested to do so by management
- Effective Communicator / good communication skills
- Versatility and ability to adapt to varied duties
- Work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Well mannered
- Keen to learn
5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including Maths, English and IT/Science.
There will be a full time position available on completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.