Fitness Instructing Apprentice - Park Pools - Ormskirk
Not taking applications
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
Want to kick start your career within the Fitness industry? Park Pools are looking for an enthusiastic individual keen to work towards a Level 2 in Fitness Instruction. You will have the opportunity to gain experience in all areas of the gym.
30 Hours Per Week Inc.Evernings and Weekends
Detailed Job Description:
Serco are working with an external organisation for recruitment to this apprenticeship scheme. Your application will be shared with an external organisation. By continuing with your application you are consenting to your application being shared with our partner Lifetime Training
Park Pools are looking for an Apprentice Fitness Instructor who has a passion for the fitness industry and is looking to kick start their career within a well-established organisation.
Throughout your 12-15 month apprenticeship you will be working towards your Level 2 in Instructing Exercise and Fitness, which aims to provide our apprentices with a range of experience and help them develop and progress into the fitness industry.
This will be a varied role within the club and your main duties will include:
- Developing and delivering exercise sessions
- Assist with the organisation and instruction of classes within the gyms as required
- Carry out member inductions
- Increasing membership sales and promotional activities
- Assist the Fitness Instructor in their day-to-day tasks and help maintain all equipment in working order to an exemplary standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Ensuring regular contact with all customers to maintain retention levels
- Aspects of reception work (Answering phone calls, emails, face to face enquiries from members)
- Maintain and look to exceed standards of cleanliness and maintenance in all areas of the gym.
- And much, much more that will allow you to work with experienced staff gaining essential practise skills!
Within the gym you’ll be getting hands on practical experience and planning member inductions as well as being responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the member’s area.
As an Apprentice Fitness Instructor you will ensure that you and your team provide a stimulating environment for current members, whilst integrating new members into the gym.
All of the training towards the Level 2 in Instructing Exercise and Fitness will be carried out through work based learning.
If you would like to be part of a leading organisation that reward and develop their team, we would like to hear from you.
Energetic, enthusiastic, customer focused individuals.
Keen interest in sports and fitness
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour (£3.70 an hour on April 1st, 2018). This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.05 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.50 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close earlySign-up or log in to apply