Fitness Instructing Apprenticeship - Romford - (SLM) Sapphire Ice and Leisure Centre - Romford
Not taking applications
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Sport and Fitness
Are you looking to kick start your career within the sport and leisure industry? Everyone Active are looking for motivated candidates to work towards their Fitness Instructing Level 2!
30 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Detailed Job Description:
Everyone Active are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Fitness Instructing Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
The job will involve:
• Fitness assessments, consultations and introduction sessions for new members
• Creating personal exercise plans for members
• Demonstrating activities for members to follow
• Showing members how to use exercise machines and free weights correctly
• In line with health and safety supervise members to make sure they are exercising safely and effectively
• When on duty act as a point of contact for members dealing with any problems or concerns
• Complete health and safety checks as and when directed
• Be the point of contact for new members, taking them through the application process from start to finish including tours. Ensuring the membership database is updated and all relevant paperwork is filed correctly
• General housekeeping duties in the club, making sure the club is kept to a clean and professional standard
• General administration duties including answering the telephone, e-mails, filing etc.
• Make sure that all members adhere to the club rules as per their agreement
• Attend meetings with the club Manager as and when requested
• Maintain a high level of commitment to your studies and share your progress with the club Manager
• Ensure that the work dress code is adhered to and maintain a good level of personal hygiene
• Take part in any promotional activity
• Any other reasonable task as directed by Manager
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre. You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool.
The programme is 12-15 months in duration and you will be employed on a fixed term contract. On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
Pay and benefits
£3.50 per hour apprenticeship wage paid from the start of your apprenticeship (including your training period).
Free use of gym and swimming pool, paid holidays and on-going training opportunities.
Everyone Active are the sectors leading operator who has been voted Operator of the Year for the last 2 consecutive years. Working with 40 Local Authorities, operating 140 leisure facilities nationwide.
Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry and willing to work towards their qualification.
Working well in a team
From April 1st 2017 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.Sign-up or log in to apply