Flotilla Skipper (Greece)
- Full Time
- Gap Year
- Gap Year
- Hospitality and Catering
- Travel and Tourism
Working as a Flotilla Skipper for Ocean Elements, you will have a passion and enthusiasm for all things water based! As an experienced Flotilla Skipper you will not only be in charge of guiding guests from A to B in the safest way possible, but with your in depth knowledge of the Lefkada and surrounding islands area, brief guests on scenic and interesting routes. You will also work closely with your flotilla host organising evening activities, and helping make sure that guests are always having a great time. You will be happy living in close quarters, will not get seasick and possess a strong knowledge of Yacht engine maintenance and general boat maintenance.
- Promoting other in-resort sales (tuition, merchandise)
- Be central point of contact & knowledge, representing the company in a professional, cordial and helpful manner.
- Tailor packages according to potential customer’s needs and requirements.
- Interacting with all guests in a professional yet relaxed fashion
- Attending evening social events e.g. Welcome Meal and Farewell evening Meal
- Check weather forecasts and routes to ensure safety remains the highest priority for our guests.
- Routine maintenance checks on all equipment and completion of maintenance records.
- Run evening social events.
- Carrying out first aid and completing accident forms as necessary
- Assisting other departments as per operational needs
- Liaise with Land Based, Operational Manager and / or Boat Yard
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
- Ability to work to challenging and often changing deadlines (E)
- Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
- Motivated/Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
- Ability to cope under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work hard / long hours (E)
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
- Honest and Trustworthy (E)
- Professional and Reliable (E)
Skills & Ability
- Coastal Yacht Master (E)
- Customer Service (E)
- Communication Skills (E)
- Problem Solving & Complaint Handling (E)
- Sales Experience (D)
- Planning / Organisational (E)
- Literate/Numerate (E)
- Spoken English to Conversational Level (E)
- IT, Admin & Social Media (D)
- Relevant / Transferable Work Experience (E)
- Secure Cash Handling Experience (E)
- Seasonal overseas experience gained within Beach or Yacht Charter Business (HD)