If you’re naturally friendly, organised and enjoy the buzz of working in a sociable and fast-paced environment, you’ll fit right in as a Food & Beverage Assistant at Macdonald Hotels.
You love to interact with people and engaging with guests in a confident and approachable manner comes naturally to you. Delivering great service is your priority and you take pride in making a difference, always looking for ways to anticipate guests’ needs.
You are a proactive and committed team player with a ‘can do` attitude – what you don’t know, you’re keen to learn and you’re equally happy to support others. Basically, you’re great to have around and both guests and colleagues appreciate your enthusiastic approach.
This role is ideal if you have experience in a similar customer-facing role in hospitality. However, show us you’re a natural and are willing to learn, and we’ll provide you with the training and opportunity to thrive!
About the Role
Please see a summary of the responsibilities of a Food & Beverage Assistant below:
- Ensure that all guests are met with a warm and genuine welcome
- Provide friendly, attentive service that is tailored to the specific needs of each customer
- Offer advice and recommendations with confidence, based on your full and up to date knowledge of all menus and the hotel products and services
- Prepare and maintain a safe and clean environment before and during service, with full awareness of the relevant Health & Safety and Food Hygiene procedures
- Present yourself smartly and professionally at all times: you are an ambassador for the company and play a key part in the successful delivery of excellent guest service
About the Offer
As well as a warm welcome, great training, comradery and good pay rates, we have significant additional benefits that can be enjoyed in your downtime:
- Generous staff discount on regular room rates
- 25% off food, drink and spa treatments across the group
- 20% discount on golf
- Free use of our leisure, pool and gym facilities at off-peak times
Our core benefits include:
- Instant access to our financial wellbeing benefit – Wagestream – which allows you to track your pay in real time and stream up to 40% of the wages you’ve already earned.
- Live in accommodation at some locations
- Competitive rates of pay at all levels,
- Free meals when on duty
- Uniform provided
We’re committed to developing our people. That’s why we offer fully funded apprenticeships alongside a new version of our training & development programme to support your progress.
How to Apply
After clicking the 'Apply' button, please attach a copy of your CV and an indication of which of our hotels or resorts you are interested in joining. If you are flexible in terms of location across the UK, let us know that too and we’ll suggest some options for you, perhaps with live-in accommodation.