French language speaking roles based in France
- Full Time
- Gap Year
- Gap Year
- Travel and Tourism
- Languages & ESOL
Have a French adventure this 2019!
Package equivalent to £8,266 to £12,481 pro rata (dependent on age & language fluency); full training and access to qualification opportunities, free return transport from the UK to France, on-site accommodation and meals packages included.
As the UK’s leading provider of residential activity and educational courses for children, PGL have exciting opportunities for you to put your French Language skills into action. We are looking for people who speak French to take groups on excursions and day trips, immerse our groups in French Culture or work in the office, based at our centres in France.
With 4 beautiful Châteaux throughout Northern France from the outskirts of Paris to the beautiful Opal coast to choose from, you could be living and working in beautiful Northern France with daily opportunities to indulge your love of French culture and develop your French language skills. These roles are perfect for confident French speakers, graduates of French and students looking for a gap year work placement in France.
PGL’s staff are central to our success and play a huge part to making our activity centres vibrant, fun and supportive environments for our guests to have an experience of a life time.
Our language roles include:
- Tour Leaders – you'll guide and inspire our guests. From historic landmarks to rustic markets, you'll accompany visiting school groups on excursions to famous places of interest.
- Group Co-ordinators – for competent French-speakers or graduates of French: combine leading study tours for visiting school groups around North East France with evening activities and general hospitality duties.
- Administrators – to ensure our overseas centre offices run like clockwork.
PGL now operates 4 stunning outdoor activity centres, in a variety of beautiful locations across the northern France including Château de Grande Romaine near Paris, Château du Tertre in Normandy, Le Pré Catelan on the Opal Coast, and Château d'Ebblinghem on the Nord pas de Calais. Our Administrator roles are also available at our 3 centres located in southern France, in the beautiful Ardèche region.
What do we look for in candidates for our French speaking roles?
- Confident French language communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and engaging personalities who can relate to groups of children.
- Some experience of working/volunteering with children. This could be working with your local Scout/Guide group, coaching a local sports team, or volunteering with various other kid’s clubs or groups.
As for the rest? We’ll take care of providing you with the training and support you need to be successful in your role. Whilst working with PGL you will be offered many other training opportunities and gain a wide range of transferable skills that will look great on your CV. Many staff who join us each year as seasonal staff will be able to progress to senior positions during their time with PGL. Apprenticeships, NVQs, training courses, and nationally-recognised qualification opportunities are provided to enhance our staff’s personal/professional development.
Apply now and start your working adventure!Sign-up or log in to apply