General Construction Operations (Ground Works) Apprenticeships
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
General Construction Operations (Ground works) Apprenticeships.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to begin their career in Construction.The candidates will work towards:
- NVQ level 2 in General Construction Operations
- Level 2 Diploma in General Construction Operations
- Functional Skills in Mathematics and English where necessary
Duties will include working on a busy construction site. The candidates will learn the general construction/ground works trade and maintain a clean and tidy work area. He/she will be working on tasks such as digging foundations, concreting and laying drainage etc. We are a medium sized company and will arrange for you to undertake work placements on our construction sites, this will enable the candidates to gain a range of skills and experience over the duration of the apprenticeship.
General Construction Operations includes:
- Laying pipes and drainage in the ground
- Listening to and following instructions.
- Establishing a safe working area and working safely
- Placingand preparing construction foundations
- Understanding civil engineering technology.
- Working outside, often in muddy conditions
The desired skills
- It is essential the candidates will have good practical skills and are good communicators
- it is absolutely essential that the candidates are reliable and punctual.
- The candidates will be required to work outside in all weather conditions
Personal qualities must be:
- Hard working with a positive attitude to work
GCSE grades A-E or equivalent in Mathematics and English would be preferred, however all applicants will be considered equally.
We pay circa £40-£60 per day dependant on age/experience. Normal working hours are 8am-4:30pm
Once the apprenticeship is completed, many apprentices are permanently employed by Buxted Construction and develop their learning either through the undertaking of specific certification for the use of equipment such as excavators or dumpers or by futhering their studies via a Technical Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
General Construction Operations (Ground Works) can be heavy, dirty work and will be outside in all weathers. The candidate should have a genuine desire to work in the construction industry and have a realistic approach to this type of work.