GIS (Geographical Information System) Degree Apprenticeship 2020 - Croydon
Who are we?
We’re a management, engineering and development consultancy which works on projects across the world. By challenging norms, we like to solve humanity’s most difficult problems. We’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate. Could you see yourself being a part of our team?
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, throughout your apprenticeship programme, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in.
From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other apprentices at the apprentice residential course or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day. Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It's worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
About our apprenticeships, is this the right route for you?
Interested in one of our apprenticeships but not entirely sure what it entails? Well, as an apprentice you’ll be right in the thick of all the action. It’s a great route into the industry. You’ll get the chance to expand your knowledge by attending university one day a week, while constantly discovering new and exciting things and learning from our industry experts on the job. If you’re an individual that can work independently when appropriate and can demonstrate a positive approach to problem solving, then an apprenticeship is the perfect step for you.
However, it doesn’t stop there. The great thing about an apprenticeship is that you’ll be earning a salary straight away while learning, then eventually gaining a professional qualification. You’ll be given continued support as you develop your skills throughout the program and there is no cost for the training you receive.
GIS analysis (Croydon)
Do you have sharp observation skills and a digital mindset? Then put your talents to use to collect, analyse and manipulate geographical data with GIS technology.
Our GIS Practice is growing globally, and this opportunity will allow the right person to learn how to manage data - its efficient handling, insightful analysis and visualisation underpin everything that Mott MacDonald strives to achieve. Joining this dynamic community, you can expect to work on a diverse range of projects from routing and design of new water pipelines, to national scale education improvement programs, or biodiversity action plans where global development demands meet ecosystem protection needs. At the end of your hard work you’ll receive a BSc in Surveying and Mapping Science and be eligible for a graduate position on our graduate development programme.
What you’ll need to apply
If everything above sounds great, take a look at what you’ll need to apply and get started:
You’ll need to have achieved or are expected to achieve 3 A level passes with grades A*-C or equivalent, one being in Geography, Science or related subjects.
What characteristics do we look out for?
Do you have what it takes to join us as an apprentice? We’re looking for individuals with the below characteristics, if you recognise these in yourself, then we’d like to hear from you!
We’re looking for someone that is:
- Aware of others’ needs and concerns
- Able to demonstrate reliability, integrity and respect for confidentiality
- Able to maintain productive working relationships
- Good at demonstrating a strong commitment to health, safety and welfare
- Confident with dealing with new and changing interpersonal situations
- Prepared to take responsibility of their own personal development, demonstrating commitment to learning, self-improvement and open feedback
- Able to demonstrate self-awareness of knowledge and skills