As a graduate with the largest pure pensions consultancy in the UK, youll be exposed to a variety of work with a range of clients and wont be constrained by hierarchies. You wont just be crunching the numbers, youll be delivering the advice and seeing it implemented. Youll be doing detailed calculations and developing high-level checking systems. Youll be utilising our industry-leading models and designing your own. You wont just be working in one team, youll be working with a range of different people and different departments.
Weare looking for a graduate that will excel in thisadvisory role. This requires excellent communication skills, a passion to learnabout actuarial concepts, together with drive and enthusiasm.
We want someone who is unafraid to express aview and can do so clearly, thereby contributing to the ideas we rely on toachieve our aims.
We want to help you reach your potential and bethe best that you can be. By joining XPS you will be involved in a wide varietyof work. You’ll be supported by on-the-job training, resulting in youdeveloping your knowledge and abilities quickly.
In addition, we will support you through anapprenticeship scheme to complete the actuarial (IFoA) exams.
We know that it’s a real challenge completingprofessional qualifications whilst progressing in a new job, so we’ll help youevery step of the way
- we’ll equip you with study materials and time to study.
We will of course pay you an attractive salaryalongside a broad range of other benefits which you can shape to reflect yourcircumstances.
Main duties and responsibilities
> To promote and adhere to the XPS values
> Working as part of a team to assist clientssolve their challenges and best meet their objectives.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Production of complex actuarial models and calculations
- Drafting written advice to clients on a wide range of topicsincluding Defined Benefit & Defined Contribution Schemes.
- Effectively delivering that advice to clients in meetings
- Regular liaison and communication with the client team, otherdepartments in XPS, investment managers and clients
- Working with clients on complex bespoke projects, such asbenefit design, member option exercises, scheme mergers, buying out benefitswith insurance companies and wind-up projects.
> Initially your role would be to assistclient team leaders but progressing to reviewing the work of others andcommunicating directly with clients at the appropriate time for you.
> Opportunity to get involved in specialistresearch and development teams in an area that interests you. These teamsprovide resources and ideas for the wider team.
> Study for IFoA exams
We offer an attractive reward package; typicalbenefits include:
> Competitive salary
> Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
> 25 days holiday
> Pension Plan
> Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you inand out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security& Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
> Life Assurance cover
> XPS Rewards (offers discounts and savingsfrom retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
> Interest free season ticket loan
XPS Pensions Group is an equal opportunities employer and positivelyencourages application from suitably qualified and eligible candidatesregardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- A minimum of a 2:1 honours degree in any maths related discipline
- An A grade (or higher) at A-Level (or equivalent qualification) in mathematics
- GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above in Mathematics and English