Designed for those looking to gain employment in the creative industries through working towards building a solid foundation of knowledge in Graphic Design, this course will support and guide you through all the aspects of contemporary graphic design practice, enabling you to build up confidence and develop new skills.
Following successful completion of the Level 4 Higher National Certificate, you can progress onto the Level 5 Higher National Diploma.
Unlike traditional higher education programmes, the HNC is vocationally focused and therefore can lead straight on to a career. You will gain knowledge of industry practices and use industry-standard computing software, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, to create and adapt work.
The course has been recognised for the excellent links with a variety of design agencies and industry professionals who contribute to the programme delivery and invaluable work experience opportunities.
Other advantages include:
- The course is cost-effective, in comparison to University
- There is a small cohort of students enabling targeted individual support and guidance, with workshops to build software knowledge
- Tuition in understanding of print design and print production
- Work experience opportunities and work placements running alongside the course programme
- Live client briefs and projects encouraging and supporting professional practice
- Visiting speakers and relevant trips to speak to professionals in Industry
- Lecturers all have experience of working in industry and continue to maintain professional working practices and have been awarded Certificates of Excellence in the Pearson National Teaching Awards 2020.
During the course you will study the following units:
- Professional Practice
- Pearson set topic and collaborative working
- Graphic Design Techniques, Processes and Practices
- Advanced Graphic Design Practices
- Typography Exploration
- Printmaking Exploration
- Photographic Practices
- Web Design
- Digital Animation