Designed for those looking to gain employment in the creative industries through working towards building a solid foundation of knowledge in Graphic Design, this course will support and guide you through all the aspects of contemporary graphic design practice, enabling you to build up confidence and develop new skills.
The Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (Graphic Design) programme follows on from the successful completion of the Level 4 Higher National Certificate, you can progress into the workplace or continue on to Level 6 Top-up degree.
Unlike traditional higher education programmes, the HND is vocationally focussed and therefore can lead straight on to a career. You will gain knowledge of industry practices and use industry-standard computing software, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects and Illustrator, to create and adapt work. On the HND, there is a focus on preparing for employment and applying for positions in the workplace through building a portfolio and brand identity.
The course has been recognised for the excellent links with a variety of design agencies and industry professionals who contribute to the programme delivery and invaluable work experience opportunities.
Other advantages include:
- The course is cost-effective, in comparison to University
- There is a small cohort of students enabling targeted individual support and guidance, with workshops to build software knowledge
- Tuition in understanding of print design and print production
- Work experience opportunities and work placements running alongside | the course programme
- Live client briefs and projects encouraging and supporting professional practice
- Visiting speakers and relevant trips to speak to professionals in Industry
- Lecturers all have experience of working in Industry and continue to maintain professional working practices and have been awarded Certificates of Excellence in the Pearson National Teaching Awards 2020.
During the course you will study the following units:
- Professional Practice
- Applied Practice Collaborative Project (Pearson-set) - double credit award
- Advanced Graphic Design Practices - double credit award
- Digital Animation
- Web Design