Groundwater Technician Apprentice - Anglian Water - Norfolk
Not taking applications
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Logistics and Warehousing Vacancies
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Health & Safety
- Employability Skills
- Welding & Metalwork
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Gas, Heating & Hot Water
- Land Based
- Plastering and Decorating
- Countryside Management
- Estate and Property Management
- Warehouse and Storage
- Cleaning and Environmental Services
- Facility Services
- Electronic Engineering
Salary - £11,871 with incremental salary increases dependent on pre-determined achievements.
What will you be doing?
You earn while you learn on our 3-4 year Groundwater Engineering Apprenticeship scheme, learning through a mixture of classroom study and on the job training. The majority of your first year will be spent at a fully expensed residential college where you will meet like minded people and build your knowledge. For the remaining years, you will spend 1 week in 4 at college to reinforce your on the job learning. During your first year you will work 37hrs per week, once out in the business this will increase to 45hrs per week to meet the requirements of the role. You salary will be adjusted to reflect this.
It takes hard work and commitment throughout your apprenticeship but you will gain a nationally recognised qualification, valuable practical skills, and guidance and support from an experienced team.
As a fully qualified Groundwater Technician, you will be responsible for maintaining the security of supply from groundwater resources and assets, including boreholes and borehole pumps. Your role will include a variety of specific field and office tasks designed to introduce new technologies to the management and performance of our groundwater assets. You’ll also be responsible for:
· Borehole monitoring and maintenance
· Managing the existing and emerging hydrometric monitoring and data transfer processes
· Implementation of process improvements
· Delivering innovative solutions to drive business efficiency
Please note that after completing your apprenticeship, you will be based at Old Buckenham Water Treatment Works, Norfolk, NR17 1PU. Once fully qualified, you will be required to complete standby as part of your working week. This means that we ask you to live within 30 minutes of the base.
What do you need?
· 5 GCSEs at grade A*- C or 9 - 4 (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
· Enthusiastic and keen to learn.
· A passion for hands on work.
· Natural people skills to work in a team.
· Understanding of and compliance to Health and Safety.
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
Closing date: Sunday 24th March 2019
By choosing this Apprenticeship, you are opening the door to a long term and highly rewarding career at Anglian Water. Apply now!Sign-up or log in to apply