Group financial accountant - London
what you'll be doing
At innocent we’re going through an exciting period of growth and we need more hands on deck to help us achieve this. We’re looking for someone with bags of potential to join our Group Finance team. It’s a perfect opportunity for someone to get loads of exposure across the business and learn about the way we operate. It’s important that we can see you have clear aspirations to work as part of a fast-paced team and kick start a career in finance (possibly studying towards a professional qualification along the way).
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Taking ownership of essential and central OPEX accounts ensuring the accuracy of the YTD numbers posted
- Partnering with key stakeholders across the business to ensure the overheads budget is updated to reflect the true picture
- Analysis of any deviation from budget month-on-month
- Ownership of the fixed asset register and monthly depreciation postings
- Reconciliation of fixed asset register to GL on a quarterly basis
- Ownership of innocent and Fresh accounts bank reconciliations
- Tracking the cost of our new ERP project and making sure POs are raised on time and invoices paid etc.
- Preparation of documents used for Coke reporting
- Coordination and submission of the yearly CAPEX budget to Coke and quarterly revision reports
- Coordination and preparation of the yearly operational budget for IT, People, Culture, Travel and Central costs
- Ad hoc projects for continuous improvement
- Great attention to detail with the ability to work independently to a high level of accuracy
- Strong time management skills
- Clear and confident communication and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside of finance
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate great initiative, ready to face challenges head on
- Interest in building a career in finance, possibly currently or looking towards studying a professional qualification
- Keen interest in FMCG/consumer brands
- Analytical skills and the ability to work with Excel
- Experience using an accounting software would be the cherry on top
This role will provide the opportunity to join a fast growing business at an exciting time. You will develop business partnering skills with key stakeholders across the business, with great exposure both inside and outside finance. The role will be great for someone looking to develop their financial experience and take ownership over both P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
This role will be great for someone who wants to start and develop a career in finance.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you.
You'll need to get your skates on though, as applications close on 14th August
Dolly Parton may have worked Nine to Five but you don't have to. We're open to a chat about flexible working. No promises, but we reckon that if it's good for you, then it's good for us.
We're all about building a workplace for the future here at innocent, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be natural, and be the best versions of themselves.
You’ll help us to keep doing business the right way – keeping innocent an inclusive and inspiring place to work, using our B Corp status to inspire wider change, and reinforcing our culture of staying little as we grow big.