EMIS are the UK leader in connected Healthcare Software and Services. Our solutions are widely used across every major UK Healthcare setting, from primary and community care to high street pharmacies, secondary care and specialist services. Dedicated to creating and implementing innovative IT solutions, we’re giving Healthcare professionals access to the information they need to provide better, faster and cheaper patient care.
As an apprentice, you’ll be working as part of the Group IT Team, you will be responsible for providing support for IT services, ensuring they meet relevant service level objectives and targets through the adoption of standard processes and tools that are consistent with EMIS Group strategic intent.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Understand, clearly log, diagnose and resolve technical support and service requests from customers ensuring their support demands are met and their experience with Group IT is positive
- Work closely with colleagues across the business to achieve positive outcomes
- Complete standard scheduled / maintenance tasks when required
- Communicate with customers to ensure that objectives are clear and that expectations are set accordingly
- Escalate to Group IT management, major issues, obstacles or delays that may lead to wider problems if not addressed with the appropriate priority
- Install and configure IT equipment and software to our quality standards
- Consider and recommend system changes to improve efficiency, reliability, performance, security and Customer experience
- Maintain accurate and secure administration of IT assets, directories and data
- Manage assigned project tasks to deliver services in accordance with targeted objectives
- Escalate issues to other support members and service providers in a timely manner
- Document, implement and review processes and procedures to support IT services where required
In order to be successful in this process, the chosen candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Eagerness to work in a growing, busy support environment with continual opportunities to learn and teach
- An understanding of IT service management disciplines, ideally using the ITIL framework
- A good general level of education
- Knowledge of modern IT systems (mainly Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office products)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- A friendly and professional phone manner
- Ability to work flexibly
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Self-motivation to deliver the required results
- Confidence in the ability to work to deadlines
- Having a full UK driving licence is highly desirable
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading Healthcare and software organisations.
If you are highly passionate tech individual looking to kick start your IT career, please do not hesitate in applying today.
In order to be considered for the role, applicants must have 3 GCSE's at grade A-C including Maths and English.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.