Guy's & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Accounting & Tax
- Banking and Finance
- London remove
Guy’s and St Thomas’ is one of the largest hospital trusts in the country, with a staff of over 10,000, a turnover of over £900m and around 850,000 patient contacts a year. The Trust comprises two of London’s oldest and best-known teaching hospitals. The hospitals have a long history, dating back almost 900 years, and have been at the forefront of medical progress and innovation since they were founded. Both hospitals have built on these traditions and continue to have a reputation for excellence and innovation.
Essentia is part of Guy’s & St Thomas’ and provides its facilities and infrastructure services.
The Investment & Resources Department supports the finance process for Essentia. The staff are Business Managers, responsible for the preparation of monthly financial information together with the Trust Financial Management team. This involves preparation of year to date and forecast information and variance analysis. The Business managers work closely with Operational Managers on all revenue financial matters, including Business Planning, and provide a link to Capital costs where appropriate.
The purpose of the post is to support the work of the Business Managers. This will involve working across all the Essentia Directorates and developing an understanding of the business of those directorates. The role will require good communication skills, as there will be face to face, written and telephone contact with operational and other staff. Also, there is a requirement to be numerate and have an attention to detail as much of the work is carried out using Excel or other IT systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Distribute charges to other organisations and raise invoices through the trust finance systems.
- Investigation of variances and transactions, within the general ledger and the interrogation of sub-ledger systems such as the Payroll system and the Procure to pay system.
- Supporting the Business Managers on the preparation of month end journals.
- Supporting the Business Managers in the provision of advice and support to Operational Managers.
- Support the Business Managers in reconciling the General Ledger pay data to the HR / Payroll data
- Handling invoice queries from suppliers
- Arranging and supporting the preparation of meetings
- Providing administrative support to the Business Managers
- Develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets.
The ideal candidate for this role would be someone who is:
- Highly motivated.
- Able to manage financial systems or have the interest to develop them (excel and IT systems).
- Paying great attention to detail as it is probably most important
- High standards (would self-describe as a perfectionist)
- Interested in finance/ business/ administration.
- Able to provide good customer service (secondary requirement).
200 Great Dover St, London, SE1 4YBSign-up or log in to apply