Harvey Nichols Hospitality Apprentice
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Customer Service
- Hospitality and Catering
- London remove
The Harvey Nichols Hospitality Apprentice Scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 13 month training programmes.
The scheme allows apprentices to earn while you learn in a job you can be passionate about, gain a nationally recognised qualification and gain additional skills through enhanced learning opportunities.
Weekly Wage: London Minimum wage
Working Week: Minimum 30 Hours
Apprenticeship Duration: 13 months
Possible Start Date: March 2018
Locations: Knightsbridge or OXO Tower
Apprenticeship Level: Level 2 Hospitality Team Member
Positions Available: 3
To provide prompt, efficient and courteous service to all customers across our hospitality functions including our restaurants, brasseries, bars and cafes.
• Provide the highest possible standards of customer service ensuring all guests are served in a polite, efficient, professional and friendly way.
• Take customer orders accurately and follow all steps of service to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Establish a good working relationship with team members.
• Have a thorough knowledge of the menu and drinks list in order to answer customer queries and make recommendations.
• Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment.
• Maintain high standards of personal presentation.
Bar Specific Objectives
• Prepare all drinks efficiently and tidily to the very highest standards
• Ensure compliance with licensing regulations
• Using basic cocktail making techniques prepare cocktails to the customers taste.
Waiter Specific Objectives
• Serve all food orders efficiently, correctly and to the highest of standards
• To have a full working knowledge of the OXO Tower Restaurant, Bar and Brasserie and Harvey Nichols Restaurant Operations.
• Pride in delivering excellent customer service
• Great team player
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
Personal attributes required
• Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
• A willingness and desire to learn
• Drive and energy
• A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
No previous qualifications required
• On-going training and development provided by the Harvey Nichols Learning & Development team which will provide opportunities to move on to a full time job
• On and off job training across different disciplines and departments across Harvey Nichols
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. Recognised as the UK’s premier luxury fashion retailer, Harvey Nichols is internationally renowned for its expertly edited fashion and beauty merchandise, premium food and wine offer and award winning restaurants
Harvey Nichols has seven stores within the UK and Ireland, consisting of five large-format stores in London, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester, and two small-format stores in Bristol and Dublin. A beauty concept store, Beauty Bazaar, Harvey Nichols, opened in Liverpool in November 2012. All UK stores have luxury Foodmarkets and Restaurants, Café’s or Brasseries. Harvey Nichols also owns OXO Tower Restaurant, Bar and Brasserie on the South Bank in London.