Helpdesk Developer Apprentice - Leeds (LS22) - 2171
Founded in 1995, NetConstruct provides a range of digital services, design and creative, development, managed services, digital strategy and consulting for over 120 organisations across a broad cross-section of industries with a number of recognised brands within their portfolio. NetConstruct has built up a strong and trusted reputation, which is demonstrated by their high levels of client retention.
NetConstruct is now part of the Ingenuity Digital group with a combined portfolio of over 400 clients serviced by a team of over 100 professionals, in four office locations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing production team in a well-established and thriving digital design and development agency. This is a role within the Helpdesk Development team, which is part of the Operations team of the agency, responsible to the Technical Operations Manager to provide ongoing support and development maintenance activities to existing clients.
- Working with other team members, undertaking web-based development work for our contract delivery services
- Ensuring updates, additions and other work on client websites are performed on time, to best practice and in keeping with the NetConstruct development standards
- Ensuring clients are kept up to date throughout the maintenance request cycle, with efficient, effective and professional communication delivering high levels of client satisfaction
- Logging all new calls regularly with necessary details and correct priorities
- Assisting colleagues, clients and partners on general and project specific requirements
- Keeping up to date with new and existing technology to promote client confidence
- Completing time sheets accurately
- Contributing to the continuing growth of our various businesses
Qualities/ essential requirements
- Have demonstrable knowledge of the basics of the .Net C#programming language
- Have a good understanding of core programming principles
- Be a quick learner and able to pick up other new technologies and systems if required
- Be self-critical, able to deliver work to a high standard and to client satisfaction
- Be a good problem solver, committed to finding solutions or ways around challenges
- Be flexible and able to adapt to a well-defined business process
- Be ambitious and decisive with a can do and energetic attitude
- Be a strong team player
6 x GCSE ( or equivalent)at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English ( or equivalent)at grade D or above
Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm
Dependent upon experience:Benefits package
Other Important information
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have a solid understanding of core development principles and are keen to progress their knowledge further to become an integral member of the team, as all developers are responsible for ensuring that their work is completed to a high standard and to client satisfaction.
The role will involve frequent communication with both the clients and the sales and account management team, to understand the issue that they are having and to communicate when the issue has been resolved.
There will also be extensive interactions with the core backend development team and IT team to ensure best practice is adopted and to learn the functionality of the CMS systems in use, so good teamwork skills are required. The business will provide training and research time to facilitate further learning, but it is expected that the successful candidate will demonstrate a thirst for progressing their own knowledge.
For the right individual who performs well in their duties, there is a proven career path from Helpdesk Developer into the core development team and the role has become vacant due to the progression of 1 of the current team members along this path.
Sign-up or log in to apply