Since 2001, Allware Systems have supported a wide range of clients with their IT services throughout the UK.
Allware’s organisation focus is to be customer-led, by supplying solutions that meet our customer’s needs. The ever-changing world of technology means that we constantly adapt our resources to support the latest technology breakthroughs and offer cutting edge solutions. We have a highly trained team of engineers on call that can help with a diverse range of problems and advise on the right solution.
Security is one of our core areas of focus and we have a number of qualified security advisors to help review existing systems and advise on how to improve security.
We are looking to add an apprentice to be an active part of the helpdesk team.
Although the main focus will be around IT, we are interested to hear from someone who has also a keen interest toward website design/developer in WordPress – however, this is not essential as we are able to give exposure and training for it.
With full training on offer, you will join as a Helpdesk - IT Apprentice.
You will answer end-user support requests received via email, online forms and the telephone. Working at the forefront of the support department, you will prioritise and log support requests, liaise with clients to diagnose and fix problems and escalate issues to more experienced engineers where necessary.
- Answer telephones & Email, log calls, identify urgency and impact, ensure timely resolution of jobs
- 1st Level support – solve simple queries
- Routine housekeeping on servers; eg backups, anti-virus, updates and renewals
- Grow technical knowledge and ability to solve problems and provide on-going support for clients
- Check-in orders, prepare jobs for invoicing
- Initial credit control
- Assist 2nd level support technicians
- Call clients to keep them informed of progress and ensure they are satisfied with our work
- Correctly identify customer needs and future needs and convert them into actions
- Due to the location, the ideal candidate will need to hold a full driving license
- A desire to give the very best service to customers
- A willingness to learn new tech
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- First-class English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Familiarity with all versions of Windows and Office and Microsoft Server 2012 / 2019
- Ideal but not essential WordPress experience
At least 5 GSCE’s, including English and Maths at GCSE grade D or above.
A full-time vacancy will be offered once the apprenticeship is completed / will be available to the right individual.
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm. Total hours per week: 37.50
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.