Helpdesk Support Apprentice
We are an IT Managed Service Provider with our head office in Cheshire, UK, very close to Manchester. We have been focussed on providing IT solutions to support our client’s requirements. We pride ourselves on being a people focussed employer with an opportunity for successful applicants to grow with our company as we achieve the ambitious plans that we have for the future.
As an apprentice, you will complete a 15-month Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship and will actively engage with existing and new clients at APH.
Key Responsibilities: [will include:]
- Providing support to clients as required
- Monitoring the correct logging, research resolution of customer queries/change requests
- Ensuring team adherence to SLA’s by handling escalated issues as appropriate
- Overseeing support systems to ensure continuity of our support function
- Reviewing, testing and documenting clients’ system before their release
- Becoming a trusted advisor to clients on a case by case basis
- Oversee and help in configuration of systems to meet the client/spec requirements
- Working with the management team to continually improve our delivery processes
- Production of ‘How-To’ guides to aid in customer knowledge
- Be pro-active in maintaining high standards of client care
- Manage efficient use of ICT provision for the company in line with APH’s policies
- Ensure compliance with APH’s policies and procedures at all times
- Evaluate own performance and maintain high levels of functional knowledge
- Undertake opportunities for learning that enhance your role and capabilities
- Attend all required meetings and training
- Produce reports, undertake data migration and completion of documentation
- Complete one-off projects as required by the company
Key relationships for this post are with:
- lnfrastructure Consultants, Head of Managed Services, SAP Consultants, Head of SAP, Support personnel
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Desktop operating systems (Windows 7-1O, Mac OS)
- Windows Server 2008 to 2016 (inc SBS 2007-2011) administration including: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Office desktop packages 2010-2016 including 365.
- Office 365 Administration
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 administration
- Anti-virus and Anti-malware technologies
- Understanding of network concepts including, LAN, WAN and Wi-Fi.
- Mobile devices, iPhone, iPad and Android
- Knowledge of PC and laptop hardware.
- Evidence of self-guided learning
- Excellent interpersonal/intrapersonal skills
- Demonstrable client awareness skills
- Ability to self-manage in a fast paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated self-motivation and resilience
- Excellent spoken/written business arena communication skills
- Exemplary fault finding and investigative skills
- Experience of technical telephone support/guidance
- Previous experience within ongoing client support role in SME market
- Demonstrable experience in collaborating in teams
- Exposure to Apple/Mac
- identifying sales opportunities
- Smart appearance
- UK Driving Licence and flexibility to travel and stay overnight if required
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths) – our level 3 required quals
Monday-Friday, 9am to 5:30am (early rota 8am to 4:30pm)
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.