High Speed 2 Apprenticeship Programme
More than just a railway, HS2 is about unlocking our potential, and making better connections between people and places. It’s about finding new skills, growing new industries, and starting thousands of people on a rewarding career.
About the role:
Apprenticeship roles created through HS2 provide individuals with the opportunity to learn from the very best in the industry, whilst gaining hands on experience and working towards recognised qualifications ranging from GCSE to post graduate equivalents.
HS2 apprenticeships offer you the chance to start your career with one of the biggest, most complex and ambitious projects ever. As we build the future together, you’ll gain life changing experiences, work within a diverse workforce, and develop valuable, transferable skills.
The Apprenticeship Programme will span over a period of two years, which will involve working at HS2 and studying at College.
As an apprentice, you’ll also:
- Develop valuable, transferrable skills;
- Benefit from ongoing structured support
- Be involved in real work from day 1!
To join us on an Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll need to have achieved or expect to achieve 5 GCSEs at grades A* - C (grade 9 – 4), including English and Maths, or equivalent qualifications.
You will have a keen interest in the HS2 project and you will find the idea of working on HS2 appealing. In turn, you will also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to organise your workload and meet agreed deadlines;
- The ability to communicate with stakeholders at various levels within an organization;
- The ability to plan and lead;
- The ability to build good working relationships with your colleagues and contacts across the organisation and outside with external partners;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The Apprentice will be expected to demonstrate, at all times, behaviour aligned to HS2’s values of Integrity, Respect, Leadership and Safety.
We offer a variety of different apprenticeships: Project Management, Finance, HR, IT, Cyber Security, Communications, Health & Safety and Commercial Procurement. There are opportunities available in Birmingham and London.
Click below to explore the ones that interest you, and scroll down for the application process.Sign-up or log in to apply