Higher Apprenticeship - Project Controls - Midlands
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Higher Apprenticeship
- Distance Learning
- Project Management
- Human Resources
• Help review/analyse our cost of the projects and understand the impact of any changes.
• Support the cost performance management and recognise how changes affect the cost of the project.
• Assist with risk management including risk register development and maintenance to help mitigate the impact of the risk.
• Work with some of the industry’s leading people in project controls, quantity surveying and project management.
During your 2 year apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. Spending either one day a week at the college or doing block weeks, you’ll study towards a Level 4 qualification, higher apprenticeship at the college. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day.
Enthusiastic, inclusive and committed, you should be curious about the world around you and always want to learn more. To really succeed in the role, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
• At least 5 GCSEs or equivalent including a minimum of a grade B OR 6 in Mathematics and a C OR 4 in English Language
• 112 UCAS Points (not including general studies)
• The ability to work in a team, assisting with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
• Creativity and strong communication skills
• A practical mind, that you’re self-motivated and reliable as you’ll be expected to work across different locations on a variety of projects
What to do next?
• Look at our apprentice profiles to find out more and discover what being an apprentice in Atkins is really like Click here
• Want to know more about the benefits of working at Atkins? Visit our rewards and benefits page Click here
• Initial closing date: Thursday 31st January 2019 NB: Some of our programmes are incredibly popular so to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) please make your application as soon as possible. Assessment centre dates: Dependent on location, assessment centres will be held from January 2019 onwards.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.