Looking for an exciting way to kick-start a career in business and finance? Do you want to earn while you learn? If so, the Higher Apprenticeship in Tax could be for you!
The Higher Apprenticeship in Tax is available to anyone who is 18 years old and above; whether you are leaving school, have been working for years, or simply looking to start a new career.
ICAEW have collaborated with employers and professional bodies to create this programme, which sit on the first steps of the Higher Education ladder.
You will cover areas such as personal tax, corporation tax or tax compliance, and the work undertaken will depend on the employer. You will also benefit from learning a range of softer-business skills and competencies during their time learning and working, such as business communication and presentation skills, time-management, and law to name a few.
Although there are no direct entry-requirements, to maximise your chances you should:
- 5 GCSE’s at C or above
- Between 160 – 250 UCAS points (or equivalent)
On completion of this Higher Apprenticeship programme you will have the technical knowledge, business skills and wider business competencies that employers seek. You will also gain a number of recognised qualifications that help demonstrate your determination and achievement:
• a Diploma in Tax Practice;
• a Diploma in Accounting and Business;
• ICAEW’s Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) – the first six exams of our chartered accountancy qualification, the ACA; and
• the Professional Services Higher Apprenticeship Certificate.