Higher Engineering Apprenticeship
The aim of the Higher Apprenticeship scheme is to prepare you for a role as an Assistant Engineer within the company.
During your time on the apprenticeship you will achieve the following qualifications:
- Extended NVQ Level 4 in Technical Support
- Foundation Degree in Engineering or a HNC in Engineering
We are currently seeking candidates to join our Higher Apprenticeship Scheme working within Defence Systems Technology (DST), Bristol.
The aim of the Higher Apprenticeship scheme is to prepare you for a role as an Assistant Engineer within the company. During the first year you will undertake training within the manufacturing works which will include;
- Machining components using milling machines
- Machining components using lathes
- Manufacturing components through a variety of bench fitting skills
In the second and third years you will undertake various placements across the business and be expect to train and undertake tasks including;
- Engineering design
- Quality control
- Commercial planning
- Engineering support
The final year will be spent within the area you are likely to continue your career. This allows you to become highly skilled and competent within this area, developing you into an integral part of the team.
Additional benefits of the apprenticeship scheme include;
- Learn on the job, build up knowledge and skills, gain qualifications and earn money all at the same time
- Work towards a work-based qualification through the Extended NVQ Level 4 and other nationally recognised qualifications