Are you looking to develop your career in engineering with for one of the most exciting Manufacturers in the world?
A Higher Engineering Apprenticeship with Ford Motor Company is an exciting opportunity to pursue practical work experience using world class technologies and processes, at the same time as learning a fantastic range of new skills in engineering you will also be studying for a range of qualifications that will lead to the completion of a Bachelor of Engineering Degree (BEng.)
We are looking for exceptional candidates with passion and enthusiasm to join our team of apprentices!
What’s in it for you?
- A great salary increasing year on year
- Annual holiday entitlement of twenty six days
- Access to our Employment Development and Assistance Programme (EDAP), which provides up to £300 per year for non-job-specific education, training and development
- An opportunity to access the Company’s Privilege scheme, which enables the purchase of Ford vehicles at a discount
- A good pension scheme
About the role
- Your on the job training will take place at the relevant Ford operation (Dunton or Dagenham)
- You will complete 4 years with, 8 month rotary plan in different sections of the company, this offer is certain to open up many opportunities for the future
- Four year scheme with weekly day release to attend university
What will you gain?
- You will complete a four year programme for the attainment of:
- NVQ Level 2 diploma in Performing Engineering Operations (PEO)
- NVQ Level 4 Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing
- Foundation Degree in Embedded Electrical Systems Design and Development
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
To become part of our team, you will need:
- A minimum of 3 GCSE grades, including
- English at grade B (Level 6)
- Maths at grade B (Level 6)
- Physics or Double Science at Grade B (Level 6)
- 3 A Levels or equivalent at BCC (or equivalent) , including
- We will also accept the below BTEC qualifications
- Minimum Distinction/Distinction final grade in QCF/Edexcel National Diploma in
- Engineering (post 2010) or BTEC National Certificate in Manufacturing
- Engineering (pre 2010)
- Distinction in Further Mathematics
- Minimum of a merit in mechanical or electrical principles
- Good communication skills
- Team ethos and leadership
- Continuous development
- Problem solving/ practicality
- Ethics and professional standards
Ford is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment or harassment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief, gender reassignment and gender identity, age and those with caring responsibilities.