About the role
Highways Maintenance Apprentice Level 2 North West 2020
Qualifications needed: 3 GCSEs or equivalent
Closing Date applications are open until 27th April 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in Rochdale.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
Balfour Beatty Living Places work in partnership with local authorities to create regeneration strategies, maintain infrastructure and provide local services. We help transform communities, environments and local economies.
As an apprentice you will start your career working within a team on our Highway Contract for the local Borough Council, where we maintain their roads and footways; carrying out small repairs through to major highway regeneration schemes.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will also attend college and study for and be expected to pass intermediate (level 2) Apprenticeship Highways Maintenance within 2 years, as well as a number of other training and learning events, however most of your learning will be on the job, utilising the wealth of experience within the team youll be working within.
You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and Customer Service training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
Your responsibilities as a Highways Maintenance Apprentice include:
- Deliver Highways works efficiently and safely for the local area
- Liaise with members of the client team and the public to ensure that the clients needs are met
- Work as part of a team to deliver reactive, emergency and other types of highways works in all weathers
- Be responsible for onsite Health and Safety at all times
- Routine and reactive repairs, emergency call out and winter maintenance (gritting).
- Out of hours standby and flexible working (on a rota basis)
Who were looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) coupled with an interest in Highways Maintenance
- You will be focused on delivering high quality highway works, safely and to budget
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety is essential
- Have a flexible approach to your working day and be willing to work out of hours when required is essential
- You will have a willingness to learn
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.