Highways Maintenance Technician - Aberdeen & Warrington/Manchester 2018
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Manchester remove
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in either Aberdeen and Warrington/Manchester.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
Highways Maintenance Apprentices will be required to work as part of a versatile highways team, delivering both reactive highway maintenance and planned highway works. Out of hours emergency response and winter maintenance duties are also part of the role.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will attend college and study for and be expected to pass intermediate (level 2) Apprenticeship Highways Maintenance within 2 years, as well as a number of other training and learning events, however most of your learning will be “on the job”, utilising the wealth of experience within the team you’ll be working within.
You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and Customer Service training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
Your responsibilities as a Highways Maintenance Technician Apprentice include:
- Deliver Highways works efficiently and safely for the local area
- Liaise with members of the client team and Public to ensure that the client’s needs are met
- Work as part of a team to deliver reactive, emergency and other types of highways works in all weathers
- Responsible for onsite Health and Safety at all times
- Assisting in the delivery of the annual winter maintenance programme (Sept – April)
- Out of Hours Standby (on a rota basis)
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s, Scottish Standards, or equivalent coupled with an interest in Highways Maintenance.
- Be focused on delivering high quality highway works, safely and to budget.
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety is a must.
- Having a flexible approach to your working day and be willing to work out of hours when required is essential.
- You will have a willingness to learn.
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.Sign-up or log in to apply