This programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills for a range of technical and management careers in the electrical/electronic engineering industry, working for manufacturing, design, pharmaceutical, service industries or off-shore oil and gas companies.
You will study modules that focus on areas such as analytical methods for engineers, project design, electrical and electronic principles, engineering science, plus other specialist topics that meet the demands of local industry.
You must gain a total of 120 credits by undertaking multiple units from the list below:
- Analytical Methods for Engineers
- Engineering Science
- Engineering Project
- Electrical Power
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Digital and Analogue Devices and Circuits
- Electrical and Electronic Principals
- Utilisation of Electrical Energy.
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
You will hold the following qualifications:
- BTEC National Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- A-Level in Maths or an appropriate science-based subject
- An additional A-Level in any subject
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including maths and science.
Mature applicants (aged 21 years and older) with no formal qualifications, but with relevant industrial experience, are also welcome to apply.
What next after HNC Electrical/Electronic Engineering (part-time)?
You could progress to HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering at New College Durham.