HND in Business (Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management)
On this course, students learn about the influence of national culture and economy on entrepreneurship and explore the personal characteristics of entrepreneurs and the impact of personal situational factors, including education and background. You will also learn about the role and importance of small firms to the economy, and about social enterprise and the social economy.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a Higher National Diploma (HND).
• Level 3 qualification or equivalent
• GCSE Advanced level profile demonstrating strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCSE subject.
• An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
• All applicants must pass an Academic Interview
• Proficiency in English at a standard commensurate to IELTS 5.5
• Two or more years of work experience at a managerial/supervisory/admin level relevant to the programme applied for.
Course Fees: £6,165 per year
Course Duration: Two-year, Full Time
Level: RQF Levels 4 and 5 (240 Credits)
Awarding Body: Pearson
Assessment: Assignments/course work
Mode of Delivery: Full Time
Contact hours: 60 guided learning hours per unit over 40 weeks for all 8 units per year
Progression: Employment or admission into the final year of a bachelor’s degree (subject to fulfilling the required admission criteria)
Method of study: Lectures, seminars, case study analyses, group discussions and tutorials
Intake dates: January, April and September
Campus: Madison House, Wembley
Disclosure: Pathways that do not recruit the required number of students may not run. You will be advised on alternative options if this is the case.
You may be able to borrow money to help pay for college or university tuition fees and to help with living costs. Student finance is available on all our HND, Foundation, Bachelors and Top-Up Degree Courses.