Creating an environment where our guests can enjoy an outstanding experience is key to our success, which is why our Housekeeping Assistants are true ambassadors at Macdonald Hotels & Resorts.
If you’re organised and proactive with a meticulous eye for detail, you’re definitely on our radar. This role is all about teamwork and you love pulling together to meet a deadline – but you also have the drive to work on your own initiative. Delivering the highest standards and finding ways to exceed our guests’ expectations are what make you tick.
As a member of the larger team, you will have the opportunity to learn about the broader operations of the hotel, as well as making friendships and building a network of colleagues. This is a great place to start if you are interested in the world of hospitality.
Experience in a similar role would be helpful, but if are willing to learn and show us your commitment and enthusiasm, we’ll give you full training!
About the Role
Please see a summary of the responsibilities of a Housekeeping Assistant below:
- Clean and prepare all assigned areas to the highest standards, including guest bedrooms and pubic areas
- Maintain a safe and clean environment, adhering to all health and safety requirements and security procedures
- Ensure that all storage areas are kept clean, tidy and restocked
- Undertake deep cleaning tasks when required
- Take responsibility for understanding our products and services
- Proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience
About the Offer
As well as a warm welcome, great training, comradery and good pay rates, we have significant additional benefits that can be enjoyed in your downtime:
- Generous staff discount on regular room rates
- 25% off food, drink and spa treatments across the group
- 20% discount on golf
- Free use of our leisure, pool and gym facilities at off-peak times
Our core benefits include:
- Instant access to our financial wellbeing benefit – Wagestream – which allows you to track your pay in real time and stream up to 40% of the wages you’ve already earned.
- Live in accommodation at some locations
- Competitive rates of pay at all levels,
- Free meals when on duty
- Uniform provided
We’re committed to developing our people. That’s why we offer fully funded apprenticeships alongside a new version of our training & development programme to support your progress.
How to Apply
After clicking the 'Apply' button, please attach a copy of your CV and an indication of which of our hotels or resorts you are interested in joining. If you are flexible in terms of location across the UK, let us know that too and we’ll suggest some options for you, perhaps with live-in accommodation.