As an HR Apprentice, you will provide efficient administrative support to the HR team, ensuring the smooth running of the HR function within AXON Communications, best-in-class candidate and employee experience, compliance with local legislation and maintenance of accurate employee data.
Whilst no two days are the same, you will be involved in the following activities.
- Production of new starter paperwork, including offer letters, contracts and confirmation of start date letters. Ensuring relevant new starter documents are signed and returned before the first day of employment .
- Sending employee reference requests, ensuring they are satisfactory and flagging any issues with the team.
- Ownership for completing the new arrival form, working with IT and Finance teams to ensure set-up for day one.
- Creating the welcome email for new joiners in MailChimp and sharing with staff before joining.
- Liaising with global network to ensure complying with internal reporting duties
- Scheduling and tracking probations, flagging any concerns with the HR Director.
- Drafting probation confirmation letters
- Ensuring ‘Right to Work’ checks are completed and all employees have signed copies of valid proof of Right to Work in the UK.
- Scheduling exit interviews
- Drafting confirmation of resignation paperwork
- Supporting our in-house Recruiter in scheduling of interviews with internal and external stakeholders
- Booking of meetings rooms for training and ordering refreshments or lunch and prepare rooms for meetings when necessary.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date electronic and hard copy personnel files, archiving documents where relevant.
- Creating increase and promotion letters.
- Ensuring personal details and emergency contacts are up to date
- Providing regular feedback to HR Director regarding challenges and opportunities for improvement in HR administration and processes.
- Completing ‘change request’ forms to ensure up to date IT records.
- Providing general administrative support as required, which could include calendar and travel support to the HR Director.
- Other ad hoc HR work and general administration when required.
Qualifications Required: 5 GCSEs at grade 4 including
English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.