Wage: £183.75 per week
Hours: 35 per week
Main areas of responsibility:
- Support the HR team and managers with end to end recruitment; including advertising vacancies, shortlisting, interviewing where needed and ensuring recruitment processes are followed.
- Issue all related paperwork and follow up on references for candidates
- Arrange and support new starter inductions
- Ensure that all HR filing and archiving of leaver files is up-to-date
- Collect data to produce recruitment statistics
- Administration of the Recruitment Inbox
Learning and Development
- Administrative Support with training requests/ processes
- Update training and development platform Provide admin support to Learning and Development lead
- Maintaining an up to date training record
- Support HR team with Learning and Development projects as and when needed
- Be the first point of contact for any Payroll queries and changes in the payroll inbox, providing advice to staff in a timely and efficient manner, and escalating where necessary
- Collate the monthly payroll changes
- Processing starters and leavers
- log sickness records
- Payslip/P45/P60 to be sent out to previous employees and saved locally
- Adding starters and removing leavers from business accounts (Key Travel etc.)
- Provide administrative support to the HR/Payroll Advisor
HR Admin and Support
- Provide an efficient HR administration service
- Follow up on contract management, including contract and probation end
- Maintain appropriate HR administration spreadsheets in a timely, accurate and confidential manner
- Diary management for departmental meetings and minute taking where necessary.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects as requested by the HR Manager, including research on relevant topics
- Ensure all staff have relevant contractual paperwork during the course of their employment.
- Provide HR updates in the staff weekly team meetings slides
- Undertake any other duties as and when necessary to fulfil the objectives of the HR Department
This is a great opportunity to join a unique, award-winning organisation.
At least GCSE Maths and English at grades 4 (C) above (or equivalent qualifications)
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Good level of Numeracy and Literacy
- Proactive, organised and able to work under pressure, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication - both verbal and written
- You'll be great at taking instructions and be a quick learner
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as a part of a team
- You are someone with an interest in HR and Organisational Development
- Proven ability to provide a customer focused service
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- You will be ambitious with a desire to learn and develop a career in HR.
- Some awareness or work experience of working in an office environment
Potential opportunity (subject to funding) to become a full time HR Assistant/ Administrator after successfully completing their Apprenticeship and CIPD level 3.