HR Digital Apprenticeship Programme
- Creative & Digital Media
- Human Resources
- Brentford remove
Exciting minds with our Apprenticeship programme – HR Digital Apprenticeship
Closing date: ongoing
Human resources (HR) is about equipping our business with the right people and the right skills to help our customers and patients do more, feel better and live longer. We are on an exciting journey to explore and introduce new technology to improve our HR systems and processes. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and developing their digital skills and who want to work in a function at the heart of our business.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a nationally recognised qualification- a Degree Apprenticeship standard – the equivalent of a BSc Honours Degree.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
Our HR Digital apprenticeship provides you with the opportunity to develop skills and experience in the design and application of new technologies being introduced to deliver HR services to our global workforce. Join us as we deploy and enhance the latest cloud-based HR systems (e.g. Workday) and explore the potential of robotics and artificial intelligence in order to improve the end user experience for our employees and managers and streamline our processes and service delivery. This is the first opportunity of its kind at GSK and will see the successful candidate developing skills in digital and technology solutions and Human Resources.
What will you do?
Your role may involve:
- You will join our HR Systems & Digital team and work alongside our Process and Systems Directors, partnering them in the support and improvement of existing systems and the introduction of new technologies. In this role you will be expected to:
- Growing your own knowledge of our current applications (e.g. Workday) and developing technologies, identifying new opportunities and bringing new ideas to the team.
- Collaborate with internal customers and our Tech organisation to deliver enhancements to our HR systems solutions.
- Partner in the development and testing of new applications
- Work with end users to improve the user experience of the tools we provide.
- Engage with local operations teams to implement systems change and provide ongoing support as required.
- Develop help notes and training materials for end users.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship will provide a foundation for future roles in areas such as:
- Business analysis and process design
- HR Systems design, development and testing
- Digital technologies including mobile applications and robotics
- Process and systems operational support
- Change management
- Managing projects using Agile methodologies
While this role is primarily systems facing, work will also provide exposure to HR operations and experience of the various disciplines within the HR function.
What qualifications do I need? To be eligible for our HR Digital apprenticeship you will need…
We’re looking for proactive, flexible and motivated people to join us in our team. You will need to be a strong communicator, be team orientated, and demonstrate an eagerness to learn, develop and contribute new ideas.
To be eligible for our HR Systems & Digital Apprenticeship, you;
- must have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at A*-C grade including English language (not literature) and Maths, and an A*-C grade in a Science subject.
- 96 UCAS (2017 tariff) points from your top 3 A-Levels or equivalent, which must include a Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Physics), Engineering or Computer Science.
Where will I be based?
The successful candidate will be based at our Head Office in Brentford.
What our apprentices say about the GSK apprenticeship scheme...
“Being an apprentice is a great opportunity due to the fact you are able to gain tonnes of experience while being able to work towards well-recognised qualifications. It enables me to develop myself and obtain skills which I wouldn't be able to anywhere else. It also allows me to work for an established company with a great support system and social network.”
When does the Apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September 2019.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward Bound
- A nationally recognised qualification
When you apply, you’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
Next steps in our application process:
If you seem like a good fit based on your application form, we’ll invite you to complete our World of GSK online assessment. This will give us a better idea of your strengths and suitability for our apprentice programme. Please check your email daily to see if you’ve been chosen – and complete the World of GSK by the deadline given.
If you succeed in the World of GSK, you’ll progress to the GSK Life job simulation. Following this, we will be looking back over the whole of your application so far to decide whether you meet the specific requirements of the programme in the country you have applied to.
The final round is our Assessment Centre. We anticipate this will be in Feb-AprilSign-up or log in to apply