To gain experience and understanding of working in a busy Human Resources Team. This will include performing various administrative tasks and support the Human Resources Team in proving a professional, customer-focused service across CHSS.
- To build confidence and learning in administration, gaining an on the job vocational qualification in administration.
- To carry out a number of human resources tasks within agreed timescales.Gaining a knowledge and understanding of working in a busy HR working environment whilst being trained on the job
- Carry out a number of human resources and health & safety administrative tasks within agreed timescales.
- Understanding a diverse organisation whilst supporting the alignment of human resources processes in line with business needs.
- Customer Service
- Clearing emails from Recruitment/HR inboxes
- Answering phone calls - internal and external people.
- Responding to and processing
- Recruitment emails
- Support the interview process - sending shortlisting to the panel, sending out invites, creating/sending the interview packs and scanning the completed packs
- Making up the starter forms for successful applicants - including Personal Details, HMRC starter checklist, Eligibility to work in the UK document and completing the new employee checklist
- Updating recruitment databases - such as the Sickness Absence, Probation Tracker, Sage HR etc.Contracts and Amended Terms
- Preparing contracts, Amended Terms Forms and completing our processes through the checklist.
- Administration, Payroll and Systems
- Assist the HR operations team to ensure files are up to date and accurate.
- Assist in providing Finance and / or Payroll with information accurately and timeously to ensure all staff are paid according to contract.
- Assist in ensuring all payroll instructions are prepared and logged in time for the monthly payroll run and submitted to the Finance Service, for example; contractual variations, new starters, leavers, contractual benefits and staff benefits. Assist in accurately calculate leave and other contractual entitlements.Health & Safety
- Handling Accident and Incident Reports, inputting them onto our register.
- Take minutes at Fire Marshals meetings.
- People Development
- Assist the Organisational Development & Human Resources Lead in arranging meetings.
- Organising and issuing training invitations for staff attending HR&OD led training.
- Assist in updating the online training portal for new employees and leavers and monitor completion.
- General Bring to the attention of the line manager any policy, procedure, guidance or communication that needs review or is incorrect.
- Undertake other duties from time to time as directed by the line manager.
- Comply fully with CHSS Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in the CHSS appraisal and support & development process.
- Attend training sessions, continuing professional development and other activities as required.
Objectives will be in line with the Human Resources & Organisational Development Operational Plan.
Key results will be in accordance with the relevant CHSS policies and procedures.
Good IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
Willingness to develop skills in:
- Customer service
- Communication (written and oral)
- Good numerical skills.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Understanding of good team working skills
- Understanding of data protection and confidentiality
Monday to Friday 32.5 hours per week £14,788 - £15,712 per annum
Annual Leave - 36 days
CHSS offers a Group Personal Pension Plan, which has been established with Aviva.
Future Career Progression:
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, it is anticipated that the postholder will continue your employment with CHSS and be appointed to the post of Human Resources Assistant under the terms and conditions of that post.
Organisation will look to apply a 3.5% uplift to all salary scale.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.