Hydrogeologist - Higher Apprenticeship - Northumbrian Water - Washington, Tyne & Wear
Not taking applications
Hydrogeologist – Higher Apprenticeship
Permanent Full time - 37 hours per week
Salary – £23,791 per annum
Location – Leat House, Washington
About the role
This is a development role and subject to meeting performance criteria, we expect the Apprentice Hydrogeologist to become a Hydrogeologist after two years. The successful candidate will learn, to agreed timescales and levels, all aspects of the Hydrogeologist role in NWG.
The Apprentice Hydrogeologist will:
- Assist and support the Northumbrian Water and Essex & Suffolk Water Hydrogeologists, in the efficient delivery of groundwater projects;
- Learn and operate relevant NWG data management systems and models;
- Undertake data analysis and reporting;
- Undertake field work in accordance with health and safety procedures.
- Complete tasks to an agreed standard, taking a balanced, pragmatic, and where appropriate, innovative approach to all areas of work.
The successful candidate will have:
- an undergraduate degree in a relevant field (Geology or Earth Science / Engineering)
- excellent maths skills
- a practical knowledge of groundwater modelling (especially Modflow6)
- excellent technical report writing skills.
You’ll will be at least an Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel and a basic user of GIS.
What we will give you
At Northumbrian Water we want you to be the best you can be and we also want you to feel it’s a great place to work. Frequently people spend their career with us, some because they’ve found their niche, others because of the opportunities to progress through the organisation.
We’re the great company we are because of our people and as our way of saying thanks, we offer a wide range of benefits and discounts to take advantage of including; buying and selling holidays, discounts and cashback offers, free fishing and cycle2work.
Northumbrian Water is more than just a water company. We are one team, fulfilling many roles, working together to ensure our customers have clean, fresh, running water, whilst providing great customer service, protecting the environment, and supporting local communities.
We Live Water, all our amazing people are helping us become the national leader in the provision of sustainable water and waste water services.
Closing date: 30 March 2020