St Wilfrid's Catholic High School are part of the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust, which is a community of 12 schools (2 High Schools and 10 Primary Schools).
In our academies, we uphold the dignity and unique human value of every person as we strive for excellence in education; gifts and talents are shared between the academies as we aim to provide the highest standards for all of our children and young people, aged 3 to 19 years throughout the Trust.
We are looking to appoint an ICT / AV Apprentice who has enthusiasm and a willingness to learn into an IT support environment. The successful candidate will be an instrumental part of the Trust IT team. They will be expected to use their own initiative and be independent at times.
The overall purpose of the post:
- To provide an outstanding support services to ICT users within the Trust
- Identify, diagnose and resolve ICT / AV related problems
- Provide advice and support to ICT users
- Install and maintain large scale hardware and software deployments
- Undertake the maintenance of ICT equipment
All duties of this role are to provide an effective IT service to all schools in the Trust and the Trust Central Office.
Relevant Apprenticeship training will be provided.
- Fault finding and problem-solving skills
- Technical knowledge relating to ICT software, hardware and infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage own workload within parameters set by line managers
- Able to contribute to the effectiveness of the ICT team as a whole
- Ability to work on own initiative and without supervision
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
Have an interest in:
- Repairing of ICT equipment
3 GCSEs at grade C or equivalent, and English & Maths at Grade D or equivalent are required.
There will be progression opportunities to become an IT Technician, and there will be an opportunity to continue to study a Degree level course if qualifications and targets are successfully met.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.