We are Great Academy Ashton, part of Great Academies Education Trust.
We are a small academy trust with three high schools and one primary school, which crosses the LA boundaries of Tameside and Rochdale.
Individuals will embody our values:
Genuine - mutually trusting, open, honest and reflective.
Respect(ful) to all without ego or arrogance.
Excellent at what they do but without hubris, striving for excellence and intolerant of mediocrity.
Achievement focussed-understanding that academic excellence is the goal and how we support that in our own areas of work.
Together - believing that we can make the biggest difference when we work as a strong team.
We are currently looking to recruit an ICT Support Apprentice to learn all aspects of IT Support at our Academy School.
Main role and responsibilities:
- To assist the IT technicians in the day-to-day running of the department.
- To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to all service users adhering to set SLA’s, recording all reported problems using the Service Desk system.
- To install, configure and maintain computer hardware, software and audio/visual equipment.
- Support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the school.
- To keep abreast of technological developments, report any detected breach of the Trusts acceptable use policy, and encourage the use of ICT at all levels.
- To make a positive contribution to the school, supporting and promoting its ethos, aims and the development/improvement plan
- To comply with and assist with the development of school policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person (in line with relevant policies)
- To promote equality and diversity
- To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- To attend and participate actively to meetings as required
- To appreciate and support the role of other professionals
This job description sets out the main duties and responsibilities of the post and each individual task may not be identified. The post holder will be expected to undertake such other duties as reasonably correspond with the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
The job description may, in consultation with the post holder, be changed to reflect changes to the post.
Desired skills & knowledge:
- Ability to use IT systems e.g. Microsoft package including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work within a team and have a flexible approach within that team.
- Ability to promote a positive ethos and role model positive attributes.
- Ability to organise workload.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people using various forms of communication i.e. telephone, e-mail, face to face.
Special Working Conditions:
- Prepare to work ‘outside normal working hours’ e.g. open evenings.
- Willingness to participate in relevant training and development opportunities.
Great Academies Education Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5 GCSE qualifications at grade A-C,
- Including grade C or above in English, Maths.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.