UHY Hacker Young is a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based near Tower Hill in the City. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
We are looking for a 1st line technical support apprentice with an interest in, and aptitude for, IT combined with the desire to have a career in the IT industry.
We are offering the successful candidate a chance to work with our IT team on the Firm’s internal technical support function whilst gaining valuable on the job training in a variety of different IT technologies, servers and disciplines.
As you develop, the role will require the ability to deal with incoming issues and to think on your feet quickly to remedy simple issues, whilst also being able to keep an eye on the more complex problems and escalating them, if necessary to 2nd line support.
Job role / Main responsibilities:
- 1stline support, dealing with all incoming “helpdesk” problems
- Responsible for escalating problems you cannot fix on your own
- Toner/consumable ordering/stock management
- Assisting with Mimecast content checking
- Troubleshooting basic printer problems
- Setting up IT equipment in meeting rooms
- Rebuilding desktops and laptops with hardware and software including OS
- Setting up computers, laptops, printers, telephones, and other desk based hardware
- The successful candidate should have an interest in IT and be able to demonstrate a history of using computers, both in education and personally
- Experience of using a Windows operating system is essential
- Should be enthusiastic about IT and able to demonstrate through either work or personal experience
- Have a level of aptitude in IT
- Applicants must be able to undertake manual tasks such as lifting computer base units or printers
- Clear written and verbal communication skills are essential - The successful candidate will need to give guidance and instruction to non-technical staff members
- The ability to troubleshoot IT issues from start to finish, documenting as you go and applying the same methodical approach to varying issues is essential
- Good time management with the ability to prioritise
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to interact and become involved in team discussions
- Ability to work well unsupervised
- Positive attitude, upbeat personality, customer service driven manner whilst remaining professional
5 GCSE’s grade A* to C – Maths and English are essential, ICT would be an advantage.
35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) 9.30AM to 5.30PM with occasionally some flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands. Occasional weekend or evening work may be required.
You will have the potential to be considered for a full time role once you have completed the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.