From our offices in West Offices and Hazel Court, City of York Council serves over 200,000 residents in and around York. Local communities depend on the statutory services we deliver and our people are proud to keep York clean, safe and resilient.
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a dynamic IT Infrastructure Security Apprentice to join our highly skilled technical infrastructure team that is committed to providing a first class ICT service to the customers and staff of the City of York Council.
It is an exciting time to work in IT / Cyber Security. The industry is challenging and ever changing, in this apprenticeship you will learn something new every day.
You will work within the ICT Security Team and with other ICT teams to help identify and deliver secure technology solutions, application and technical architectures. You will help in creating design principles leading to the identification and procurement of appropriate technologies, be they fixed, mobile or cloud.
The apprenticeship requires a commitment to study, which will include time away from the office. You will be expected to balance work responsibilities and academic studies, but we will support you along the way.
- To assist in the high level design of the Council’s infrastructure and technology platforms working with the ICT Infrastructure & Security Project Lead, ICT Infrastructure Manager and Team Leaders to ensure these designs meet the needs of the Business, maximise the existing and future investment in ICT, meet all accreditation and security requirements and are sustainable
- To research technology solutions, set up web demos and technical discussions between potential suppliers, ICT Managers and Team Leaders to evaluate potential solutions.
- To assist to develop and maintain technical publications for use during the procurement process, to ensure that suppliers are fully aware of, and adhere to, the council’s infrastructure requirements during tender response
- To maintain a strategic awareness of emerging technologies and solutions that may be pertinent to CYC business in particular the potential exploitation of Public Service Network (PSN) and cloud provision
- Assist in completing regular compliance checks and accreditation submissions as part of the ICT Security Group to ensure the council retains all appropriate legislative and compliant accreditations.
- Work with the ICT teams and assist in the development, implementation and enforcement of suitable and relevant information security and ICT policies, ensuring that these are compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other legislation and regulations related to information security.
- The successful applicant will need to be enthusiastic and keen to learn new technologies and security principles.
- They will need to show an aptitude for Information Technology and have a keen interest in security in particular.
- Ability to gather and assimilate information and requirements
- Strong communication skills including, verbal, written, listening and presentation, with the ability to work with colleagues of all levels in a professional, courteous and pleasant manner at all times.
- An ability to build and maintaining successful internal and external collaborative relationships is a must.
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- A Levels in ICT
- Or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 Credits)
- You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
How to apply?
To Apply For This Apprenticeship, Please Copy And Paste The Below Link Into Your Browser: