Rothesay Life PLC operates as an Insurance Company. The Company offers solutions to pension schemes, finance, and other related insurance products.
Rothesay Life serves customers in the United Kingdom.
The Technology Infrastructure (TI) team has the responsibility to run, manage and maintain all systems and services related to Technology Infrastructure. This not only involves day to day BAU, but ongoing projects connected to office moves, new offices, separation etc.
RL TI has a number of managed services providers providing services including Goldman Sachs, where TI act as the manager and coordinator.
New joiners will be required to work with, support and enhance the existing Technology Infrastructure systems and services operated.
Main role and responsibilities: [Technical Support and liaison for:]
- Desktops / Screens / Printers
- Microsoft Technologies
- Proprietary RL systems
- Cloud Systems
- Market Data
Other duties include:
- Adopting and championing IT policies being introduced and deliver within the business
- Organising, as well as following up on and updating multiple open items
- Managing calls / e-mails and tickets
- Provide 1stline resolution to fixes required for the business
- Take ownership for technical issues and follow through to resolution
- Maintain and manage support issues on behalf of the business and vendors including GS
- First line liaison with GS TI for requests and issue management
- Helping to keep detailed logs on support activities, analyse trends and proactively identify areas for improvement
- Appreciation for the importance of using documentation and other communication channels to keep the business updated about infrastructure, security and other related topics
- Broad knowledge of workplace and technology services and their role and future potential in the business – desktop systems, email/market data/remote access/telephony and mobile services
- Interested in IT support career path
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Have experience of Microsoft Technologies including Desktop and Enterprise
- Ability to work as part of an extended IT team with shared strategy and vision
- Ability to negotiate with business and suppliers on matters of downtime and upgrades
- Ability to work shifts as required by the changing demands of the business
7 GCSE’s, grade A*-C, including Maths and English.
- 9am-5:30pm, 37.5hrs per week [shift pattern, 7:30am to 7pm]
- Be prepared to work part of a team covering business operations and occasional weekend working
£25,000 per annum.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.