About The Company:
Strongdor are manufacturers and stockists of steel doors including fire and acoustic rates personnel doors and fire exitss.
As an apprentice, you’ll provide support to internal and external customers, helping them be productive when using technology to do their own jobs.
You’ll also use tools to problem-solve and troubleshoot non-routine problems, set people up on systems, provide support when needed and fix issues to keep the organisations’ productivity going strong.
Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Primarily responsible for first level support for IT issues such as example internet outages, scheduled server restarts, Office365 admin, new user hardware and software setup,
- You will be able to work under pressure and be able to prioritise and understand when to escalate issues to third party support partners, managing staff expectations and reporting on solution turnaround.
- This role involves solving various IT problems including providing remote support, and working with different types of devices (desktops, laptops, mobiles, displays, telecoms, servers, network devices) – including setting up, connecting, managing and troubleshooting.
- You will be doing complex IT tasks such as troubleshooting and fixing problems – not just simple tasks (such as password resets).
- This role also involves working across a range of technologies such as client operating systems, network devices, cloud infrastructure and working with other people and therefore you need to be able to demonstrate a variety of communication skills.
Desired personal skills:
- Strong analytical skills
- Confidentiality, integrity and fiduciary duty
- A methodical, step-by-step approach to resolving issues
- Business skills like effective communication, teamwork and task/time management
- Adaptability to do a range of work – sometimes complex and non-routine – in different environments
- Ability to work under direction, use discretion and determine when to escalate issues
Desired technical skills:
- Microsoft Office applications (particularly Office365 and SharePoint)
- Good understanding of hardware configurations
- Desktop and laptop PC’s, RAM, Graphics Cards, Power Modules, UI, Displays, connectors
- Telephone systems
- Network components, switches, routers, WIFI systems
- Windows 10
Other skills that would be beneficial, whilst not essential:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- SQL Server and SB Server
- C#, .NET, Web-based programs and API’s
- Power BI, Data Warehousing, process mapping using Visio
- Having your own vehicle and driving licence would be beneficial given the office location
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
Location and hours:
- Office based role in Carnforth LA5 9FD,
- 41.25hr week over 5 working days.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.