We have developed a software which allows our customers to access CABS. CABS will help you maximise revenues, minimise costs and reduce the risks associated with managing every aspect of your meeting room, resource and event bookings whilst also taking care of all the associated services such as catering, audio visual and other equipment needs.
We are a rapidly growing software developer so the uptime and reliability of our systems are important.
Main role / Responsibilities:
With management direction until able to act autonomously:
- Manage Windows updates across the estate
- Maintain Domain Controllers and manage Active Directory
- Troubleshoot network and VPN issues
- Provide help and assistance on use of windows
- Set up virtual machines for specific jobs
- Manage backups and recovery
- Keep documentation up to date
We are looking for someone with a desire to:
- Learn how to manage Virtual Servers in a Windows based environment
- Learn how to manage active directory, setting up new users, disabling old users, setting security levels and Group Policy Objects
- Learn how to keep Servers and PC’s updated with operating system and patches whilst keeping user availability high
- Must have initiative and a self-starting mentality
- Must get on well with colleagues as the role will require frequent interaction with others
- Requires a good, structured approach to problem solving
- Good documentation skills
- We are not expecting the finished article but we do expect a positive attitude to learning and development, some evidence that the skills can quickly be acquired and more importantly the ability to know when to ask for help
- Eager / can show you have started this journey under your own initiative
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Opportunity for permanent employment upon successfully completing the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.