Harrogate Grammar School is an ambitious, high achieving, 11-18 mixed comprehensive Academy with the full ability range of students. Harrogate Grammar are very proud of their reputation for academic excellence but also for the superb pastoral care their students receive and the support they provide for the less academically able. They now want your help to enable them to go beyond ‘outstanding’ and help them to live up to their motto of ‘excellence for all.’
Job overview / purpose:
Harrogate Grammar are looking to continue their investment in apprentices by creating an opening for a new Apprentice IT Support Assistant to join their lively and growing IT department.
Whilst undertaking a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship, you will work as an IT Support Assistant as part of the school support workforce. You will work on-site providing technical support and advice to pupils and teaching staff.
As part of the School IT Team, you will provide technical support to pupils and teaching staff at HGS, as well as other schools within the trust.
Day-to-day, you will perform routine ICT tasks and contribute to the smooth running of the IT network.
The chosen individual will be responsible for providing technical support and advice to pupils and staff in the use of IT equipment.
You will liaise with other members of the IT department to ensure that each issue is dealt with as quickly as possible.
- Perform routine IT tasks on your own or with other members of the team
- Manage small projects
- Facilitate the smooth running of the IT systems by undertaking reasonable tasks as required, including some administrative tasks
- Provide support and maintenance for both IT hardware and software
- Provide technical support for curriculum and school events
- Report faults to the Network Manager and Technicians
- Support in-house training when required
- Comply with the policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong communication skills - This job involves interacting with both staff and students
- The ability to build strong working relationships with staff, students and outside agencies
- Strong organisational skills
- A basic understanding of IT systems, with a keen interest in developing their passion, particularly around the infrastructure and networking area
- The ability to work independently and part of a team
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Smart appearance in line with our expectations of all staff and students at the school.
- In order to be considered for this role, the chosen individual will have 5 grade A-C GCSE’s (including Maths and English)
- A keen interest in IT is a must and a desire to learn is essential!
In addition to a competitive salary, Harrogate Grammar will also offer 22 days annual leave, plus 8 days statutory holidays.
- At the end of your apprenticeship, you will achieve the nationally recognised Infrastructure Technician Level 3 qualification whilst also receiving an MTA in Mobility and Devices, Cloud Fundamentals and Networking Fundamentals.
- In addition to this, you will receive valuable work experience that will provide you with the best chance of being offered a full-time role within the school or any organisation requiring IT support.
- Progression in to a permanent position with option to undertake the Network Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship and early 4pm finish on Fridays!
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.