Here at One IT we consider ourselves to be one of the friendliest, most personable technology service companies in the North East. Founded in February 2011 by Managing Director Richard Eyles, the business has grown exponentially. In December 2013 Piers Davies-Smith joined the team as an engineer and by mid-2014 was promoted to Lead Engineer. In mid-2015 Piers was appointed Technical Director of the company and his passion for technology drives the company forwards to this day.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Providing technical support to customers via remote assistance, over the phone and face to face on site
- Fixing various issues with primarily Windows PCs
- Hardware repairs of PCs and Servers
- Logging tickets and recording tasks on the system
- Working in an existing team of technical experts
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Understanding of working with computers and hardware
- Experience of customer service would be beneficial
- Hardworking and eager to learn
- Organised and proactive.
- Driving licence or learning to drive is essential for this role
Desired qualification requirements:
Must have 3 GCSEs A-C/9-4 Grades plus Maths and English grade D/3 or Equivalent)
Working week: Monday – Friday 9:00am- 5:30pm
Salary: £8840 per annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.