Alcom IT was formed by Buckinghamshire based husband and wife duo Abe & Karma in 1998. From day one our focus has been building a team who can provide safe and secure IT Services to small businesses. The team now offers a full suite of services from supply through to disposal.
As well as ad-hoc projects like office moves and supplying new computers, we provide ongoing GDPR Compliant Managed IT Services. In today’s threat rich landscape, it’s Cyber Security that is the most critical service businesses need.
- Answering and directing incoming tech calls from home & business clients
- Logging calls into our ticketing system
- Calling clients and providing updates
- Remotely connecting to clients computers and assisting with problems
- Monitoring the health of client computers using our tools
- Monitoring the backup system is working correctly
- Monitoring the antivirus is working correctly
- 20% of the day – Apprenticeship learning
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing personality
- Confident answering the telephone and dealing with telephone enquiries
- Passionate about helping others with their IT problems
- Some previous experience relating to this role – e.g. helping family, built own computer, conducted own learning in a key topic etc.
- Be serious about a career on a front line IT Help Desk
- A minimum of 5 A-C grade GCSE’s, as well as a D or above including English and Maths.
We need really good English skills – Reading, Writing and Spoken.
Possibility of full time employment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.