Infrastructure Technician Apprentice L3 - Birmingham (B15) - 7377
The Binding Site research, develop, manufacture and distribute specialist immunodiagnostic assays and instrumentation for customers around the globe.
Their people are dedicated to improving patient lives, delivering innovative medical solutions that improve the diagnosis and management of blood cancers and immune system disorders.
Are you looking for a career within a global company? Would you like excellent training and progression opportunities? Are you interested in a career in IT? The Binding Site have an opening for an enthusiastic and committed worker to join their team.
This apprenticeship role can give you a real insight into an IT department. With a real focus on delivering an excellent IT Support Service to the business, this role will be hands on from the start!
If you feel you have the skills and attributes required to be successful within this role, coupled with the drive and ambition to succeed - we want to hear from you!
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Day to day IT Support and troubleshooting
- Review of the IT Service Desk and escalation where required to other teams within IT or across the business
- Excellent communication skills required, for liaising with the business both in the UK and across other offices worldwide.
- Managing the customer’s expectations and ensuring regular updates.
- Build and Setup of PCs and Laptops
- Assisting with IT Inductions
- Networking setup and provision of IT Equipment and phones for new starters/transfers
- Active Directory - New/Transfers and Leavers
Other duties the role requires:
Assisting with the implementation of ‘Office 365’, Azure AD, Skype for Business, Sharepoint, Office 2016 and Microsoft PBX in the cloud, to employees across the business
Supporting the business and employees with the transition to O365
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good level of Office and internet proficiency
- Willingness and capability to learn quickly
- Experience analysing data
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate when problems are encountered or when support is needed
- Able to flex their communication style for different audiences
- Good team working skills
- Able to cooperate with others and build effective working relationships
- Able to consider the consequences of their own actions on others
- Good listening skills
- Good self-assessment skills
- Able to identify their strengths and weaknesses and seek support or development when needed
- Ability to work to set policies and procedures to provide a high quality service
- A positive attitude and aptitude to learning new skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a determination to meet targets
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritise set tasks and multi-task
- Good flexibility with willingness to take on new responsibilities
- Good time-keeping skills
- Professionalism and pride in self, work tasks and working environment
Desired qualification requirements:
The candidate will need a good level of Numeracy and Literacy (A-C grade GCSE or Functional Skill Level 2 in English, Maths) required.
Working week: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm, 40 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
Salary: £14,000 per annum.
Benefits of the role/ Future prospects:
Your salary will be reviewed after 12 months, based on your performance and progress - both within the role and the apprenticeship
25 days per year holiday
More to be discussed at Induction
After the apprenticeship programme, TBS may support further training and development for the right candidate.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.Sign-up or log in to apply