Infrastructure Technician Apprentice - London (WC2N) - 4321
Not taking applications
- Advanced Apprenticeship
This role is focused on assisting the TSG department in maintaining the IT user hardware for the London office and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.This includes laptops, desktops, AV kit, printers, and loan kit. The person in this role will also act as a runner for the Helpdesk team for issues that cannot be resolved remotely. The first six months will focus on hardware and laptop builds, the second on front line helpdesk.
A key component of the support operation at Bain is the use of the HD+ticketing and inventory system. Apprentices will receive training on the ticketing system as well as exposure to the other technologies and administrative processes required to execute the duties of a TSG Apprentice.This person will learn support skills in a pressurised environment and be able to expand their technical ability across a range of software, hardware, and mobile platforms whilst completing their Apprenticeship course.
This role will suit an individual with a keen interest in helping others by fixing computer hardware and dealing with support requests over a variety of technologies.Their work will be of a high standard, and they will be able to work both independently, and as part of the Helpdesk team.
Bain &Company is recognised as one of the leading international management consultancy firms.We assist major corporations worldwide with strategy formulation, acquisitions, organisational design and performance improvement.
- Develop the skills required to be the primary contact for IT related problems and issues for Bain employees
- Learn and develop the troubleshooting and resolution skills required to address hardware and software problems on computer systems and other supported hardware ( mobile devices, phones, server access, AV equipment, etc.)
- Perform consistent follow-up with users to ensure complete resolution and user satisfaction
- Learn the Bain image and PC configuration and testing process to build and deploy notebook and desktop computers
- Maintain the PC hardware for Bain London, making sure all broken/unusable kit is repaired or disposed of in accordance with policy
- Help maintain the central inventory system in the HD+ticketing system
- Use Active Directory and other Bain tools to create and manage user accounts and set permissions
- Participate in the arrivals and departures process, including preparing new starters desks and laptop bags
- Collect waste toner for recycling
- Assist with AV and VC issues in meeting rooms
- Assist the Helpdesk when a desk visit is required on a range of Windows 10 and hardware issues
- Help keep the TSG department tidy and fully stocked with consumables
- Occasional lifting and moving of computer equipment, generally weighing less than 20 Kg
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned, or as responsibilities and workloads dictate
- Time will be given for the individual to attend training courses
- The role description may be subject to change, depending on current requirements within the business.
- Experience working with IT hardware
- Experience in a corporate environment
- Essential - GCSE level or equivalent Maths, English
- Optional - GCSE level or equivalent Computer Related Studies
Benefits &Future prospects:
- 10% performance related annual target bonus ( pro-rata for the contract duration) ,
- 25 days holiday,
- Life assurance ( 3x salary) ,
- Long term disability cover,
- Group critical illness cover,
- Private medical health insurance,
- Company sick pay,
- Travel insurance.
- In addition we have some health &wellness benefits such as a free on-site gym, private in-house GP, physiotherapist, nutritionist and resilience coach/counsellor.
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5: 30pm
QA' s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
Sign-up or log in to apply