This exciting role is with Dr. Oetker, a multinational company that produces many different products such as; baking powder, cake mixes, yoghurts, frozen pizza, pudding, cake decoration, cornflakes and various others. Established over 100 years ago in Germany, Dr. Oetker continues to grow and now enjoys a reputation as one of the most trusted food brands internationally.
To provide first line IT support for Dr.Oetker UK and Dr. Oetker Ireland. The main aim will be to help support the Helpdesk with 1st line and 2nd line issues by using your ability to problem solve and prioritise a variety of different tasks remotely and physically. If you are passionate about IT, Technology and problem solving, this opportunity may be right for you.
Main responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Manage new starter/leaver procedure
- Configure user hardware across business sites
- Maintain accurately and in a timely manner the user hardware inventory (laptops/desktops/mobile phones etc.)
- Improve user’s general knowledge of efficient utilisation of IT tools
- Support the office functions in ad-hoc projects, moves and changes
- Ensure audio-visual equipment for presentations (incl. setting up projectors, videoconference and laptops) is available as required
- Manage loan devices for users
- Carry out user inductions in the Leyland office including DSE assessment
- Keep the Leyland IT store rooms tidy and well organised at all times
- Create solutions - Understanding basic customer needs
- Focus on success - Maintain patience and demonstrate persistency
- Strive for results – Organise your work and seek to achieve best results
- Grow within your team – Establish working relationships with colleagues
- Passion for IT
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop team culture
- Good problem solving skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently without requiring close supervision
- Drive / Self-Motivation / Proactive / “Can Do “mentality
- Team worker
- Customer focused
- Reliability and accuracy in work carried out
- Analytical and not afraid to ask questions
- Eagerness to challenge and be challenged in all aspects
Monday to Friday
8.30am to 5.00pm (flexi-time in operation)
The salary will be confirmed after interview stage dependent on experience - (minimum £150 per week)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Pension after 3 months service
- BUPA Private Medical after 3 months service
- Subsidised Restaurant
Are you a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)
Our apprenticeship blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
Apprenticeship and Vendor qualifications L3
Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3, MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals.
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.