This is a leading provider of world-class IT solutions. Our growing portfolio of services includes cloud, security, licensing, SAM, storage, virtualisation and managed services.
Established in 1982 by two friends operating out of a small shop, Bytes has grown rapidly and now employs over 450 people in the UK and Ireland. Our turnover in FY 2019 was in excess of £520M.
Thanks to our passionate people and close vendor partnerships, we've helped hundreds of top brands transform, grow and adapt to the changing technology landscape. And we don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
You will complete several day-to-day tasks as you also complete an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- Resolving users support calls
- Managing support calls throughout their life cycle
- Using online Service Desk to handle support calls
- Provide consistently professional and high-quality interface between Systems Support and its customers
- Hardware Builds (Laptops & Desktops via Microsoft SCCM)
- Application Installation (via Microsoft SCCM)
- Liaising with external resources (suppliers/manufacturers/support providers)
Desired experience and basic knowledge:
- Operating Systems – Windows 10, Windows 2012, Windows 2016
- Client Applications – Microsoft Office
- Hardware – First level PC maintenance (replacing PC memory, hard disks, graphics, cards)
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to provide training to other team members, and other employees
- Ambitious and willing to work towards specialisation in corporate systems
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Good documentation skills
- Articulate, Literate, Presentable, customer facing and technically astute.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Punctuality and good time keeping are essential to this role
- Team player
3x GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday to Friday, between 9am & 5.30pm
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.